18 Études For Oboe Or Saxophone was composed by Eugène Bozza for upper intermediate / advanced players.
Quite difficult, most of these studies are one-page long and will improve the flexibility and the sonority of the players:
1. Moderato – a piacere, with the character of an improvisation
2. Moderato – expressive and flexible
3. Allegro giocoso
4. Très modérément – with a nice sonority
5. Allegetto scherzando
6. Andantino – with a nice sonority
7. Andantino – deep and quiet
8. Tarentelle (Allegro vivace)
11. Allegro moderato (grazioso)
12. Allegro moderato
13. Allegro vivo
15. Improvisation – after Pastoral Fantasy for Oboe and Piano
16. Recitativo (Moderato)
Eugène Bozza won different prizes at the Conservatoire de Paris such as the First Prize for the Violin, conducting and composition, as well as the Grand Prix de Rome. He composed several operas, chamber works and ballets among others.