Born in Corona, California, the American Performer Precision Bass delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender—along with new, player-oriented features that make it even more inspiring to play.
Key Features:Alder bodyYosemite split-coil P Bass middle pickup; Yosemite single-coil Jazz Bass bridge pickupGreasebucket tone system“Modern C”-shaped neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard; 20 medium-jumbo fretsTapered-shaft tuning machines; silver ‘70s logo
New Yosemite Pickups: Handcrafted in Corona, California, Yosemite pickups are specifically voiced for each instrument and position to create sonically versatile and musically useful sounds.
Tapered-Shaft Tuning Machines: Featuring vintage-style paddle keys, tapered tuning machines are wider at the top than the bottom, forcing the string windings downward and keeping them tight for increased sustain and enhancing tuning stability.
Medium Jumbo Frets: Medium-jumbo frets make it easier to achieve wide, expressive bends that add your personal touch to your music.
4-Saddle Bridge: This model features a four-saddle bridge for solid tuning stability, precise intonation and increased sustain. The string-through-body design enhances string-to-body vibration transfer for added sustain.
Satin-Finished Neck: Featuring a “Modern C”-shaped profile that works well with almost any playing style, the neck also hosts a satin finish on the back, giving it a smooth, fast playing feel.
Greasebucket Tone System: This uniquely Fender tone system lets you cut treble without losing gain or “muddying” your sound, preserving your carefully shaped tone.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment
- Bridge Pickup: Yosemite™ Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- Middle Pickup: Yosemite™ Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Rolls Off Highs without Adding Bass)
- Switching: None
- Configuration: PJ
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Vintage-Style with Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)