Born in Corona, California, the American Performer Stratocaster HSS delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender—with new enhancements, like the DoubleTap humbucking pickup, that make it even more inspiring to play.
- Alder body
- Two Yosemite single-coil Stratocaster pickups; DoubleTap humbucking bridge pickup
- Push/Pull Pot for Coil Split on Bridge Pickup
- “Modern C”-shaped neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard; 22 jumbo frets
- ClassicGear™ tuning machines; silver ‘70s logo
New Yosemite Pickups: Handcrafted in Corona, California, Yosemite pickups are specifically voiced for each instrument and position to create sonically versatile and musically useful sounds.
New Classicgear Tuning Machines: Combining vintage style with a modern 18:1 gear ratio, the ClassicGear tuning machines have smooth action and make it easier to fine-tune your instrument.
Jumbo Frets: Jumbo frets make it easier to achieve wide, expressive bends that add your personal touch to your music.
Push-Pull Potentiometer: The push-pull pot controls the unique DoubleTap humbucking pickup, unlocking single-coil tones without any volume loss, making it easy to adjust your sound mid-performance.
Satin-Finished Neck: Featuring a “Modern C”-shaped profile that works well with almost any playing style, the neck also hosts a satin finish on the back, giving it a smooth, fast playing feel.
Greasebucket Tone System: This uniquely Fender tone system lets you cut treble without losing gain or “muddying” your sound, preserving your carefully shaped tone.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Bridge Pickup: DoubleTap™ Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Yosemite™ Single-Coil Stratocaster
- Neck Pickup: Yosemite™ Single-Coil Stratocaster
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck & Middle Pickup), Tone 2. Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit (Bridge Pickup)
- Switching: 5-Position Blade: Postion 1. Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 2. Middle Pickup and Bridge Humbucking Pickup; Position 3. Middle Pickup; Position 4. Neck and Middle Pickup; Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HSS
- Special Electronics: Push-Pull Pot On Tone 2 for Coil-Split
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: American Performer
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)